IMLIL & ATLAS MOUNTAINS DAY TRIP: Escape the heat of Marrakech and drive into the Atlas Mountains on a full day tour to Imlil and atlas mountains. Ride a mule and pass berber villages and enjoy the stunning views of the countryside. Enjoy a traditional lunch in a Berber house and take a short walk with your driver before driving back to Marrakech.
Atlas mountains and imlil day trip is one of the most spectacular day trips from Marrakech if you desire to get out of the city and delve in the authentic and rural side of Morocco. We will start our Imlil day trip at 09am from marrakech by a 4WD vehicle or mini van for 2 hour drive south up the Moulay Brahim Gorges, and the berber village of Asni very popular for its weekly market every saturday then to Imlil. Imlil is a small village at the foothills of the highest mountains in Morocco Toubkal mountain. Imlil is the center to hire mountain guides and mules due its unique possition and its connection to several berber villages and a very popular start point of treks and hiks for climbing Toubkal mountain. Arrival to Imlil here we shall leave our vehicle to take mules for around 40 minutes towards the south to the Berber village of Aroumd (Aremd) (1843m) set in the upper level foothills of the Western High Atlas mountains, a main trailhead with streams and paths branching out in all directions to get our lunch which will be served in a berber house in the village of Aroumd. Afterwards you can take a short walk before we return to Marrakech.
IMLIL AND ATLAS MOUNTAINS DAY TRIP INCLUSION
- Pick-up from your hotel, riad, or accommodation in Marrakech.
- Drop off at your hotel, riad or accommodation in Marrakech
- Duration : 09am – 04pm
- Maximale group size: 6 people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide
- Transport: 4×4 Toyota Tx Prado or minvan
- Lunch is included in a berber house in aremd village
- 2 mules to go to the foothills of Toubkal Mountain to have lunch in a berber house.
IMLIL AND ATLAS MOUNTAINS DAY TRIP HIGHLIGHTS :
- Full day trip to Imlil from Marrakech to explore the Atlas mountains
- Take a short walk through the area
- Ride mules and cross berber villages
- Eat Lunch in a Berber House