Start our 1 day Agafay desert trip , the closest desert to Marrakech. A hilly barren landscape in the foothills of the Atlas the Agafay Desert is a playground for quad bikers and buggy enthusiasts with a backdrop of often snow-capped peaks. Next you’ll pause for tea at Lake Takerkoust, a popular weekend recreational lake for Marrakchi from the city. Boating, swimming and sailing are popular activities here.
AMIZMIZ TO THE AZZADEN VALLEYOUIRGANE VALLEY:
From lake to mountains as we head higher into the Atlas to the regional Berber town of Amizmiz. If you visit on a Tuesday you’ll witness one of the most traditional and exotic weekly markets in the Atlas mountains. Next we follow a little-used mountain road to the village of Marigha from where we head off road for 6 km following the Azzaden Valley to Tassa Ouirgane village and Toubkal National Park.
HIGH ATLAS SCENERYBERBER VILLAGE EXPERIENCE:
Lunch is a leisurely local affair, taken on the terrace of Dar Tassa guest house, enjoying a home-cooked three course meal of Moroccan salad, couscous with lamb or perhaps a tasty vegetable tagine, fresh seasonal fruits and tea. After lunch you have time to discover Tassa Ouirgane village and gaze at the beautiful view of the Azzaden Valley and Takerkhort Wildlife Reserve which dominate the horizon. There’s lots of opportunity for taking photos on this trip, so don’t forget your camera! Berber Market Days If your holiday time allows, take this tour on a day to coincide with a Berber market en route.
- Pick-up from your hotel, riad, or accommodation in Marrakech.
- Drop off at your hotel, riad or accommodation in Marrakech
- Duration : 1 Day ( 10 hours approx.)
- Transport: A/C 4×4 Toyota Tx Prado or minivan
- English, Spanish and French Speaking Driver, Guide
- Maximal group size: 4 people
AGAFAY DESERT DAY TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Cross the stony desert of Agafay
- Visit a Berber family and see how they live
- Take a short walk or hike in the Atlas Mountains
- Possibility to ride Quad or Buggy (Extra charges)